Sunday, October 16, 2005

Deaths in the Family

I thought the saddest news I would receive today was hearing that my sister-in-law's 14 year old cat had to be put down. I wasn't really close to Chew (I'm not really a cat person), but I know how much she loved him and I know that she is hurting.

But I wasn't prepared to hear that Peggy had to put Keno down as well. We all knew that Keno was on borrowed time, but each time Peggy felt that it was time for "the green needle," as she called it, the doctors found a way to make life more comfortable for her.

But today she reached the end of her life. She was a beautiful dog, as I've said in my journal entry, and you don't expect animals, however beloved they are, to go on forever, but my heart is heavy tonight, being so far away, especially because I know how much pain Peggy is in.

No comments: