Sunday, October 16, 2005

Something for the Birds


Continuing my "how long will this phase last" project, I have made my second walk and this one is to a small bird sanctuary. I used to ride past this place in my bike riding days, when I could still ride a bike and always loved watching the Canada geese in the lake and the various wild birds that would come by the sanctuary itself.

Of course, with my usual great timing, I chose to visit the sanctuary in the fall, when all the birds have flown south for the winter--or whatever else birds in this temperate climate do. I also went at mid day on a fairly warm day, when all the birds were likely to be asleep.

So the end result isn't as exciting as I'd hoped, but I did get to catch a few interesting moments, plus this egret in flight and that made the whole trip worth it for me.

No comments: