Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hot

I don't know that I will ever adjust to hot weather. I guess after 30+ years of living in Davis and not adjusting yet, I'm not likely to. Last week was really rather nice -- mid-to-high 80s. But it has suddenly turned hot and surprisingly humid (my saving grace has always been that valley heat is a "dry heat"). I sit here with the air conditioning on in the house, a fan on my face, and my fingers on the keyboard are sweating. By the time I finish making dinner, sweat is pouring down my face and into my eyes and it takes a good half hour of doing nothing but sitting in a chair before I finish sweating.

I really have no cause to complain. So far it's been a pretty pleasant summer and it's half over... but the hottest part of the year is coming up. I look forward to fall. "Cold" is such a nice feeling.

No comments: