Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ten Years


Watch the video

On May 18, our youngest son will have been dead 10 years.  He's permanently frozen at age 24.  His memorial service was unusual (how often does the local paper send a reviewer to a memorial service?), held in the local theatre.  I want to post excerpts from the service today and tomorrow.  Today's excerpt is all of his best friend, Jeff Storey, who reads part of a letter David sent to him describing a piano concert he attended.  I aspire to be that good a writer.  I wish I had known how good he was before he died so I could have told him how very proud of him I was.

Sorry about the length of this. 

2 comments:

Desertnut said...

I'm so sorry for your lost. Anniversay of a death of a love one is not easy. That was an incredible letter from your son describing a piano concert. Also Jeff did a beautiful eulogy in memory of David.

missbhavens said...

No anniversary is more difficult than those that mark losses of this magnitude.

This was an amazing letter--immortalized by a best friend.

Truly special--unusual, emotional and perfect.