Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Cat House

I went to a meeting of the newsletter committee for the SPCA last night. Our hostess feels about cats the way I do about dogs--only moreso. I lost count of how many cats were there. Some are hers, some are being fostered until they go to permanent homes. There were at least three kittens, who were so incredibly tiny--about half the size of the puppies. And, like all kittens, they were such fun to watch playing. If only kittens didn't grow into cats.

I have to admit that when I picked one of the kittens up and it snugged under my chin, I got kinda misty-eyed, thinking that I would not be coming home to a batch of puppies yapping at me with wagging tails.

Yesterday I was on the Internet checking out the cost of collapsible puppy pens, already thinking ahead to our next batch of babies needing bottle feeding.

No comments: