Sunday, May 29, 2005

Itchy and Scratchy

I have developed itching hands. They take turns. Yesterday it was my right hand, today it's my left hand. I can't seem to stop scratching them. The palms itch. The skin between the fingers itch. There is no visible rash or anything else I can see.

All the years I was growing up, my mother suffered from terrible hand problems, with itching, scaling, peeling and sometimes pustules which would break. It was a combination of stress and allergies to some of the topical medicines she was being given and once she left my father and settled into a happy, peaceful marriage with her second husband, the itching gradually cleared. It pops up from time to time now and she can usually trace it to something stressful that is going on in her life.

But I can't figure out why MY hands are itching. It's very bothersome!

No comments: