Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Of purses and vlogging


Well, this video clip is a bit long, but haven't you always wanted to know what was in a woman's purse? If you'd prefer to watch the streaming version, it can be found here.

Some time ago, I joined a yahoo group for videoblogging. The information was mostly more technical than I could follow, but occasionally I could pick up a tip or two. But very rapidly, it escalated waaaaay beyond my ability to comprehend.

At one point I suggested starting a complementary group for beginners, but people seemed to think that those of us just starting would learn by listening to the more advanced people discuss. Well, that's all well and good if you are speaking the same language, but half the time I can't even begin to understand the nature of the subject matter, much less the discussion itself. So today I started the complementary group that I suggested before. I had my first member literally 30 seconds after I posted a notice in the original group and another member within an hour after that, so this tells me that I'm not the only one floundering here.

So we'll see what happens and if we actually learn something from each other, so that we can continue to read the more advanced messages and start to understand them.

Anybody interested in joining the beginners' group can find it at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Vblog

No comments: