Thursday, March 31, 2005

Secrets

The problem (I'm already discovering) with keeping a journal and a blog is that the temptation is to do stream of consciousness in the blog, while writing more organized stuff in the journal. Something happened last night, which is the subject of the April 2 entry for the journal. However, that entry also talks about the puppies, so I can't post the news that the puppies are probably going to leave tomorrow until the April 3 entry (also already written!).

See--that's my big secret. Sometimes the journal entries are written a day or two ahead of time and then when "news" happens, it's tricky trying to decide in which order to publish them. But I think of the journal as my "diary" and I keep copies of it on disk, so the history of my life (for anybody interested) will be there, in order. Thus, sometimes I end up in a situation like this.

Anybody who takes the time to click in on the blog as well as the journal will learn here that tomorrow the puppies will be picked up at 11 a.m. Those who only read the journal won't find that out until the day after tomorrow. Now aren't you glad that you checked the blog too?

I'm feeling a little better than I was when I first learned they would be leaving (and when I first wrote the April 3 entry). There have been a lot of tears around here this afternoon. These guys are going to be so much more difficult to give up.

No comments: