Friday, May 27, 2005

Outage

So Cable went out. Poof. Gone.

This does happen occasionally and usually comes back fairly soon, but 2 hours later there was no sign of it coming back, so I called ComCast. She told me she had no record of an outage in the area and that she would set me up for an appontment---on the 29th. That's 2 days without television. It's like telling an alcoholic that the bar is closed for vacation.

Fortunately, she checked further and discovered that there is an area-wide outage and that people will be working on the problem today.

In the meantime, I'm getting caught up on those programs that were recorded by the DVR, which means I have to be in the family room, which means I should be doing something else while watching, so I've finally folded the laundry which has been in heaps for (I'm embarrassed to say) months.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

No comments: