Sunday, September 18, 2005

Dog Day Afternoon

Pepper went back to the SPCA display at Petco on Saturday for a second attempt at finding him a home. He gets more and more attached to me and he was definitely not happy to be put in a cage and have me walk away.

Ashley had asked me to take pictures of some of the dogs and every time I passed Pepper's cage, he set up a pathetic howl and tried to climb the wire mesh to get out of the cage.

I came home and around 5, Ashley returned with Pepper, who had not found a home and will be here for at least another week. He greeted me with a tail that was wagging a mile a minute and the kinds of vocalizations he hasn't made since he first arrived here, as if to ask me why I went off and left him in that awful place. He climbed into my lap, gave a huge sigh and fell asleep happily.

The dog has become much too happy here. (And I find myself surprised that I don't mind.)

You Tube Link (streaming)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what I'm going to say, don't you? Pepper needs to stay with you forever and ever. How can you resist that pitiful little wimper when you leave him?