Monday, September 19, 2005

Still a kid at heart

I got a love for Hollywood-type award shows when I was about 10 years old and we got our first TV set. I remember the first Oscar telecast that we watched. I still remember that there was a big multi-tiered rotating stage (looked like a wedding cake) on which sat all the stars who had won Oscars previously. I remember it vividly because at the time I really had a "thing" for Loretta Young and I can still see her sitting on that rotating cake.

But since then I've religiously tuned in for the Oscars, and then the Emmys and now the Tonys as well. Some people have award parties, but I just sit at home, usually by myself (if Walt is at home, often he is working upstairs). Tonight I was alone in the house--just me and the three dogs--so I decided to make a video to record the highlights of the show. I did miss the segment of Donald Trump in overalls singing "Green Acres" with Megan Mullally, but got the parts that I liked best, with my voiceover commentary, and occasionally on-screen comment. I don't know how good the video is, but it was fun to make, anyway!

YouTube Link (streaming)

It was a fun Emmy broadcast for me because since we've had the DVR, I find I've watched more of the "oddball" things that I've missed in past years (because I set the DVR to record them when I first hear about them, so I don't have to worry about remembering to watch when they come along!). I didn't see ALL the nominees and/or winners, but more than in previous years.

No comments: