Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Check those receipts

I put off grocery shopping until the last possible minute, but I finally had to shop a couple of days ago. I knew that it was going to be an expensive trip so wasn't surprised when the total was $166 (a bit better because we had a 5% gift coupon, so the final was only $158.24. I really didn't think twice about it.

But this morning Walt was looking at the tag and asked me what I'd bought for $46.08.

Huh? I know I didn't buy any one thing that was that expensive...I definitely would have remembered that. Especially in the "meat and deli" category.

I called the grocery store this morning and she asked if I'd purchased garlic, which I admitted I had. Turns out that "4608" is the code for garlic and apparently the clerk had keyed in the number as an amount, not a code. She said to bring in the tag and they'd give me a refund.

Believe me, I will be looking at grocery tags a little more closely from now on!

No comments: