Monday, April 11, 2005

Gonna be a long week...

There is a reason why I have spent so many years sleeping in a recliner. The reason is that lying in most beds kills my back. Hotels are particularly horrible. For some reason, the bed in the guest bedroom didn't hurt my back and I slept there for some months in the early months of Sheila's being with us. But the magic is gone. I spent a horrible night last night, tossing and turning, waking several times and then woke up at 5 with stabbing pains in my back and could barely hobble downstairs. In the past, when I've had this trouble, a session in the recliner, which is apparently tilted at the right angle, helped immeasureably. But of course the recliner is in pieces in the living room and the only chair available is this straight back office chair. I feel like I haven't slept at all.

No comments: