Saturday, April 23, 2005

What Time Is It?

I came across an interesting clock by bludot.com (the link takes you to a brief film about the project). It comes under the category "get a life." Apparently people have taken photos of numbers, everything from 12:00 to 11:59 in one minute increments...They are house addresses, receipts, hand-written things, body shapes, clock faces, and one and on and on. It can sit on your desktop and every minute you have a number with a new look to look at. Yeah, it's silly, but also kind of fun. Apparently you can also run the clock from the internet as a screen saver.

And you can personalize it on your desktop. I had taken pictures of some addresses in San Francisco when I was participating in a group on Fotolog and I'd never used them, so I cropped them to be 150x150 pixels and then substituted my numbers for the numbers that came built in. Silly, yeah, but it's kind of fun.

No comments: